An update on my progress with my current work…I spent a good couple of weeks this spring varnishing my paintings, which was a very sticky situation indeed. A few had trouble with thickness and pooling on the surface, so I pulled out some of my hair, had a few small panic attacks, stripped and re-varnished three of my glorious pieces. The large size of the paintings made it tough to gauge how much varnish I had used, and the process of pouring the varnish works better on small pieces. These big paintings required me to hover and stand in all sorts of funny ways to spread it evenly. On the second time around I came up with a better strategy and all the paintings except two (who still need the oil paint to dry for a few more months) are ready for framing.
My lovely husband to be has acquired the wood for the framing of these large beasts, and now we are playing the old fashioned game of nagging-wife and busy husband. He’s working a lot and so am I, but I know the frames will get finished before our wedding. After that it’s time to get these puppies up into a gallery, and I’ve talked to a few of them so far, but with nothing 100% ready to hang, it will take time to get these out for the public to see.
In other news, my wedding planning is great, I’m one feather away from finishing my next painting, and I have ideas for the next two, so will have work to complete through the end of the fall, I suspect. Our house is running out of wall space to hang new artwork, so I am definitely looking forward to having a gallery show sometime in the next 6 months.